Happy Thanksgiving Friends!
It’s a beautiful day in Southern California and I am very thankful to spend this year with my family, fiancé, and kitties. Last year, Kevin and I gave back at the Westside Thanksgiving and it was truly an overwhelming experience.
This year, we are traveling a small distance between my in-law’s house and my parents’ house, so we decided to share our gratitude in a different way. Whether you are home for the holiday or traveling abroad, here are some fun ways to express your gratitude this Thanksgiving.
- Give a high five to every person you see.
- Everytime someone says the phrase “Happy Thanksgiving”, pay them a compliment. Even if they’re a stranger.
- Donation Roulette. Go to Kickstarter or Go Fund Me and donate what you can to the first cause you see.
- Place a flower under someone’s windshield wiper.
- Prepare your favorite dish, even if it’s not a Thanksgiving “traditional” meal. If you’re alone this holiday, make sure to stop and give thanks for having this food in front of you.
- Purchase an easy to eat entree, dessert, and drink. Give it to someone who needs it today.
- Write 3 things you’re thankful for on 3 different post-its. Place one by your bed, one on the mirror, and one on the inside of the front door. This will keep you mindful of your blessings all year round!
- Write a special note to someone you love.
Love, Cheers, and Many Thanks!